Παρασκευή 18 Νοεμβρίου 2011

Lena Kallergi










Nostalgic for Music

If you hear that I was lost in strange woods
And I spent the inheritance feeding the gypsies
That I now sleep on water
And only the moon knows me 
Do not fear 
I will run while it lasts
Even if there is no time to be one with the wings
Even if I barely find an office job 
Here all wander mute, reluctant to add
A grey note to tone deafness
My face can no longer stand 
The wild calm
Here the sky touches me
Only when it rains  
 (Translated by V Manoussakis and V Coulton)

Νοσταλγώντας τη μουσική


Αν ακούσεις πως χάθηκα σε άγνωστα δάση
Κι έφαγα την κληρονομιά ταΐζοντας τσιγγάνους
Πως πια κοιμάμαι στα νερά
Και το φεγγάρι μόνο με γνωρίζει
Μη φοβηθείς
Θα τρέξω όσο κρατήσει
Κι ας μην προλάβω να ενωθώ με τα φτερά
 Κι ας βρω μετά με χίλια ζόρια μια δουλειά γραφείου
 
 Εδώ όλοι τριγυρνούν βουβοί,
 μην και προσθέσουν
Μια γκρίζα νότα στην παραφωνία
Άλλο το πρόσωπό μου δεν αντέχει
Την άγρια νηνεμία
 Εδώ μ’
 αγγίζει ο ουρανός
Μόνο όταν βρέχει

Lot 

A garden fell to me.
Even though sea has always been my love.
Let it be so.
I will sow boats.
I will plant flowers with sails.
I will hide shells in the heart of lettuces.
Salt will drip from my pomegranates.
 I will teach seagull phonetics to the sparrows.
 In the middle, a large octopus
Will support the vines.
 And at the end I will paint two blue trees
To widen the horizon.
 Thank god, I don’t eat fish.   
(Translated by S Kabouropoulos)


Κλήρος

Μου έτυχε κήπος
Κι ας ήταν πάντα θάλασσα
Η αγάπη μου
 Ας είναι
Θα σπείρω καράβια
Θα φυτέψω λουλούδια με ιστία
Θα κρύψω κοχύλια στις καρδιές των μαρουλιών
Απ’ τα ρόδια μου θα στάζει αλάτι
 Θα διδάξω φωνητική γλάρων στα σπουργίτια
 Στη μέση ένα μεγάλο χταπόδι
Θα στηρίζει τα κλήματα
 Και στην άκρη θα βάψω δυο δέντρα γαλάζια
Να μακραίνει ο ορίζοντας
 Ευτυχώς δεν τα τρώω τα ψάρια

Trick 

I’ll send my words to foreign countries
To faraway summer camps
So they can be dressed in the colour of cities
With noble carvings in the joints of restored houses
They can play in the mud naked beyond the equator
They can chase reindeer and smell of cedar
You will see them for the first time hidden, magical
While you’re driving, you will sing them and smile
Guessing that they’re saying something nice.
 Too used to listening to them
You think they resemble all the others
 Tuned in to what is familiar
You feel the birds departing
And betray them.

Κόλπο

Θα στείλω τα λόγια μου σε ξένες χώρες
Σε μακρινές κατασκηνώσεις το καλοκαίρι
Να ντυθούν χρώμα πόλεων με αρχοντικά σκαλίσματα
 Στους αρμούς διατηρημένων σπιτιών
Να παίξουν στη λάσπη γυμνά πέρα απ’ τον ισημερινό
Να κυνηγήσουν τάρανδους και να μυρίζουν κέδρο
Για να τα δεις πρώτη φορά κρυμμένα, μαγικά
Κι ενώ οδηγείς, χαμογελώντας, να τα τραγουδάς
Μαντεύοντας πως λένε κάτι ωραίο
 Γιατί έτσι που συνήθισες να μην τ’ ακούς
Νομίζεις ότι μοιάζουν με όλα τ’ άλλα
 Γιατί όπως συντονίζεσαι στο οικείο
Νιώθεις πως φεύγουν τα πουλιά
 Και τα προδίδεις  
                                                              (Translated by the poet, E Smallfield, V Coulton and V Manoussakis)