Πέμπτη 1 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

MADO BUADES




Madò Buades 


                       
 Almond beating song

The queen has in the courtyard (bis)
a winter fig.
The earliest fruit (bis)
is the almond flower.

King, my lord, I know another one:
the queen has in the courtyard
a winter fig.


Oil pressing song

The life of the miller is
sleeping on the table,
because he turns the night into day
and always carries sleep debt.

Always carries sleep debt
the life of the miller.





 Pruning song

When the tree does not want the leaf (bis)
it herself falls down.
You court someone else (bis)
and you treat me without any respect.

When the tree does not want the leaf
it herself falls down.



                                              The workers are given notice for lunch with the shell’s sound


Threshing song

When the wind came upon us
– away! away! –
I had already half of it threshed.
Oh, half of it threshed! Oh, Virgin of Lluc
give us strength and health!
– away! away! soon we finish! –
Strength and health to us and to our animals.

When the wind came upon us
came upon us
When the wind came upon us
we had already half of it threshed.
– Hou! –

Song of drawing water with pail

Long ago in that door (house)
I had placed my future. (bis)

Now I pass so far from it,
as the water along the gutter.
Long ago in that door.